Roadside Problem Solver Technician (RPST)
JOB TITLE: Roadside Problem Solver Technician (RPST)
DEPARTMENT:ERS-Light Duty Service
REPORTS TO:Vice President Operations
SUPERVISION RECEIVED:Vice President Operations/ERS Supervisor
To provide safe and best in class minor auto repair solutions that get AAA members back on the road; ensures positive member experiences.
RPST’s are responsible for responding to AAA member requests for service within a promised time of arrival. They ensure members safety, diagnose vehicle problems, educate members on possible issues, provide temporary mechanical repairs to get the vehicle drivable, promote AAA products and services and ensure complete resolution of member issues.
- Must be 21 years of age
- H.S. diploma or GED/equivalent
- Valid drivers license and clean driving and criminal record
- Automotive diagnostic and repair experience
- Customer service skills and experience
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to Member’s request for service
Provides efficient minor mechanical assistance.
- Accepts calls and responds to Dispatch or members with estimated time of arrival to destination, calls members to clarify location and the potential vehicle issue when appropriate; uses various means of communication including Nextel or Blackberry devices.
- Locates members, and assesses the safety of the scene upon arrival, to ensure that the vehicle is in a safe location to provide service so as not to endanger the member or their traveling companions.
- Greets members, and takes action as necessary to deal with their emotional state in addition to handling the technical aspects of the situation.
Maintains AAA high standard of service and image.
- Asks probing questions to help diagnose probable causes of the breakdown.
- Makes a preliminary determination on the best course of action based on all information collected about the situation.
- Performs tire service/change, lockout service, fuel service, etc., as necessary; follows all safety procedures.
- Performs battery test if call information or diagnosis indicates a battery-related problem and provides battery boost as appropriate; follows all safety procedures.
- Replaces battery when appropriate, following all stipulated safety procedures and collects payment from member.
- Calls dispatcher for towing service if repairs are not possible.
Promotes AAA products and services
- Performs daily and weekly inspection of vehicle(s) using established procedures and checklist; maintains equipment in good safe working order; maintains inventory of tools and products to ensure all service calls can be completed.
- Maintains a professional image (self and vehicle) to properly portray the AAA brand.
- Coordinates with co-workers to ensure vehicle is appropriately equipped for service.
- Must be available to work assigned hours and overtime when necessary.
- Participates in the resolution of member complaints related to Roadside Solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes AAA products and services, such as, membership upgrades, Show Your Card & Save® program, retail/financial services, insurance services, etc.
- Works with Dispatch to get members to their intended destinations (e.g., hotel, airline reservations, rental car).
- Customer Relations and Interpersonal Skills – Understands, members’ needs and expectations, and strives to meet or exceed those expectations; uses good customer relations and interpersonal skills in diffusing anger, reassuring members, and helping to solve their problems.
- Active Listening – Listens to, interprets, understands, and processes verbal information; probes to ensure all key information is obtained from member.
- Communication Skills – Uses proper communication techniques and effectively uses communications equipment to converse with dispatchers and members to obtain information and to explain service options, policies, and costs.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving – Analyzes information, identifies alternatives, and makes sound, logical decisions; deviates from standard procedures when appropriate for delivering excellent member service.
- Teamwork and Cooperation – Helps others and is a good team player; builds smooth, cooperative working relationships.
- Vehicle Repair – Diagnosis causes of vehicle breakdowns and makes the necessary repairs to get vehicles drivable in all possible situations.
- Flexibility/Adaptability and Ability to Learn – Adapts quickly and is flexible in adjusting approaches to meet changing requirements across different situations; has a predisposition for quickly acquiring and assimilating knowledge and skills.
- Map Reading and Location Determination – Possess a general working knowledge of geography and ability to read maps; strong knowledge of local area (Easton, Palmer, Bethlehem Twp., Forks Twp., Lower Nazareth Twp.).
- Computer and Technical Skills – Uses computer systems to research, diagnose, and document vehicle issues; uses technical knowledge of vehicles and equipment/tools to make vehicles drivable.
- Promotion and Sales Skills – Identifies and recommends AAA products and services that will meet member needs.
- Strives for Excellence – Accepts high goals and works hard to meet them; overcomes barriers and produces high quality results; improves processes and strives for continuous learning.
- Working by oneself, and usually independently; having little face-to-face contact with other employees on the service team, but being highly dependent on others (especially dispatch) for information, instructions, work flow, etc.
- Driving light service vehicle and having to contend with heavy traffic, hazardous road conditions, accidents, etc.
- Working outside and dealing with all types of inclement weather (“the worse the weather, the busier you are”).
- Dealing frequently with situations where service must be expedited to any extent possible to reduce waiting time for other members.
- Repeatedly dealing with people who are in troubled situations (i.e., vehicle breakdown or won’t start), and who are often distraught, anxious, fearful, angry, etc.
- Having to exhibit excellent customer service skills in each new situation, in spite of what may have been many preceding situations which were negative.
- Dealing with what are very often routing and repetitious situations (from a technical standpoint, at least), but having to come across as caring, concerned, etc. in each new situation.
- Having little control or discretion on the volume of incoming work or when tasks are completed, and having to remain “on task” and available for work for long periods of time.
- Being accountable for selling (e.g., battery replacement service), and making referrals to other AAA products/services.
- Interacting with customers all day, every day.
- Having to exhibit a high degree of professionalism all the time (e.g., wearing a uniform, presenting a neat appearance to customers/members, cleaning vehicle, being friendly and upbeat with customers).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, to handle or fee objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Submit Your Resume via email to Careers
Domestic Travel Specialist II
Submit Your Resume via email to Careers
Insurance Sales Agent
AAA Auto Club has immediate opportunities for motivated individuals to join our exclusive team of Insurance Sales Agents. Our door is open to talented sales professionals with the ambition, initiative, self-determination, strong work ethic, career dedication, and winning attitude.
We offer an array of insurance products and services and these multiple business lines have enabled us to endure rapidly changing trends, an important factor to consider for career stability in a challenging economy.
AAA will support you by offering:
- Insurance licensing sponsorship
- National brand recognition, over 10 million members in 15 states
- Exclusive recognition programs for top performers
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), and a pension plan
- No overhead expenses
We are seeking Sales Agents to professionally represent and sell our memberships and insurance products. Our extensive training program prepares you to sell AAA memberships, auto and homeowners insurance. Our Agents work exclusively from a Branch Office and engage in sales activities, and appointments.
Your success will require you to:
- Source, develop leads, prospect and continually network
- Possess a competitive sales drive to meet and exceed monthly goals
- Be an effective communicator both written and verbal
- Have computer experience and good organizational skills
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain retention
- Be self-motivated and fully committed to building a profitable business
- 2 years sales experience highly preferred
- HS Diploma required; College degree preferred
- Successful completion of a background check
- Ability to pass drug screen
Benefits may include:
- Health Benefits
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Continuous Training Opportunities
- Career Advancement
- Travel and Entertainment discounts
- Insurance Premium reductions
Submit Your Resume via email to Careers